Futbol Mas Mujer 2022 Women’s Recreational (Amateur) Soccer Tournament in Spain
- Cancellation Policy
- Age Divisions and Format
- Resort Location
- Cost for Players and Guests
- Forms and Links
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
PLAY in a NEW women’s recreational soccer tournament in Southern Spain next summer — organized by women who play and coach! Ages 35+, 40+, 50+ will play 11v11 format. Age 50+ beginners, 60+ and 65+ teams will play smaller formats. This will be an international tournament promoting gender equality, age empowerment and the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
Age Divisions and Format
Tournament Format: 11 v 11 and small-sided, FIFA regulations. professional referees, natural grass
Age Divisions: Age deadline is December 31st, 2022.
Ages 35+ 40+ 50+ competitive (11v11)
Age 60+ 65+ (7v7 or 8v8)
Age 30+/35+/40+/50+ friendlies
Two “gifts” per team of younger players within 2 years of minimum age (Example: An age 50+ division team can have 2 players ages 48 or 49 by December 31, 2022.)
Location: Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain (area information)
Hotel Resort Deportivo – Barcelo Montecastillo (Resort webpage)
Avenida de Montecastillo, Km. 6, 11400, Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
Currencies will be converted at the exchange rate in effect at time of payment
Cost for Full Stay
6 Nights: $1,200 USD (995 euros) per player / $1,100 USD (925 euros) per non-player
4 Nights: 545 euros per player / 475 euros per non-player
3 Nights: 390 euros per player / 320 euros per non-player
2 Nights: 260 euros per player / 190 euros per non-player
Single room option adds $242 USD (202 euros) to full stay price
Included in Cost:
Accommodations – Double room for every 2 to 3 players AND a 2-bedroom villa for each team manager (sleeps 3 to 4 players). Cost is the same per person regardless of number of guests per room.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in our own meeting space at the resort. Dietary needs will be accommodated.
Facilities – Laundry, Saunas, Pool, Spa, Cold Thermal Bath, Tennis Courts, Soccer Fields
Activities – Opening and Closing Ceremonies with Appetizers and Drinks
Laundry – Twice daily per person
Wi-Fi throughout resort
Discounts at the Resort Spa (-10%) and Golf Course (Green Fee 40 euros/18 holes + 18 euros/golf cart)
Payment Schedule for Full Stays:
1st Payment: $60 USD at time of registration (before October 31, 2021)
2nd Payment: $440 USD by November 15, 2021 (or $500 if this is the first payment)
3rd Payment: $350 USD by February 01, 2022 (or $850 + $60 fee if this is the first payment)
Final Payment for Players: $350 USD by March 01, 2022 (or $1,200 + $60 fee if this is the first payment)
Final Payment for Non-players: $250 USD by March 01, 2022 (or $1,100 + $60 fee if this is the first payment)
Itinerary (subject to change)
Thursday, June 23 to Wednesday, June 29 (6 nights)
Forms and Links
Partner website: https://sandiegosoccerwomen.com/womens-soccer-tournament-spain/
Deposit Payment Website: http://soccerwomentravel.com/
Registration Site: https://event-wizard.com/spain2022soccer/0/register/
Welcome Page: https://event-wizard.com/spain2022soccer/0/welcome/
Social Media Links:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/futbolmasmujer (@Futbol Mas Mujer)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/futbolmasmujer/ (@futbolmasmujer)
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/spainsoccer2021/
Facebook Event https://www.facebook.com/events/870315670142817/
Cancellation Policy (based on player fees of 995 euros):
- If the organizer –FÚTBOL+MUJER– cancels the event at any time, the deposit paid will be refunded in full.
- If the participant cancels his/her/their reservation on or before November 01, 2021 (midnight PST/PDT), the deposit paid will be refunded in full.
- If the participant cancels his/her/their reservation between December 01 and December 10, 2021, a $60 USD (50 euro) administrative fee will be charged and the remaining balance will be refunded.
- If the participant cancels his/her/their reservation after February 28, 2021 (midnight PST/PDT), the deposit will have already been committed to the resort and will no longer be refundable.
- If the event is cancelled by force majeure, the organizer –FÚTBOL+MUJER– will refund the deposits of the participants in full. Force majeure means any unforeseeable and exceptional event, and unavoidable, unrelated to the will of the participants and the organizer –FÚTBOL+MUJER– that prevented any of them from fulfilling the obligations arising from the conditions of participation and organization respectively. For clarification purposes, a case of force majeure shall include an outbreak of an infectious illness or pandemic, such as COVID-19, which would lead to the following circumstances:
- – A competent municipal, regional or state public health or governing authority declares or confirms the existence of the outbreak in the municipality or locality where the hotel establishment is located and as a consequence cannot guarantee sufficient staff and other working personnel to be available because of contagion prevention.
- – A competent municipal, regional or state public health or governing authority declares or confirms the existence of the outbreak in the municipality or locality where the event is to be held.
- – A competent municipal, regional or state public health or governing authority declares or confirms that participants cannot travel out of their country of residence and/or to the municipality or locality where the event is to be held.
Co-Founders: Mary Hidalgo Aleu and Amalia Revuelta Candón are the organizers in Cadiz, Spain. Mary played age 40+ and 50+ recreational soccer in Orange County, California before moving back to Spain and has traveled to tournaments around the world, including the International Masters Games. She coaches a girls soccer team near her home.
Amalia is a sports psychologist, trainer, speaker and author of “El Cerebro Decide” (“The Brain Decides”) about training the mind as an athlete.
Goals: Create an annual event for women to play the sport they love in a region that values sport and healthy lifestyle. Connect an international community of amateur women’s soccer players. Increase the visibility of older female athletes from around the world.
Q. Will COVID-19 vaccinations be required?
– We will follow all government recommendations at the time.
Q. How will the 2-bedroom villas be filled, per team? Can significant others and/or kids stay in the villas?
– We would offer the 2 bedroom villas to the team manager, for them to work out the occupancy. Supporters, significant others and family members can stay there. We will offer additional villas on a first come first served basis.
Q. Will there be any additional trips/tours offered?
– Yes! We will offer several tours/trips in the region. These will be optional and at an additional cost, paid directly to the venue. Examples: Wine tasting, nature walks and hikes, beaches, kayaking, horseback riding and horse stable visit, caves, historic towns, olive farm tour and olive oil tasting, flamenco dancing, castles, cathedrals and bird experiences.
Q. Can games be 45-minute halves with 1 game per day or 25/30-minute halves with 2 games per day?
– We are reviewing the field schedule for these options.
Q. What is the age deadline?
– Players will need to meet the minimum age for their division by December 31, 2022.
Q. How can age 60+/65+ and beginner/less experienced players join the trip?
– Based on total participation in this category, we will schedule to use the 7v7 field for friendly games and scrimmages for women in these age and level categories.
Q. Will there be a cut-off date for players to sign up? If they sign up later, after initial deposit time, do they just pay when they sign up ?
– Registration will be open until all space is filled.
Q. Do teams register or individual players?
– Individual players should register and indicate their team name and/or team manager. Players without teams should select the option that they are “looking for a team.”
Q. How and when will players be matched with teams?
– We will use a combination of direct email, our Facebook Group and our websites to connect teams and players. This will start after we determine the first deposit schedule.
Q. Is there a rate for families and friends?
– Pricing is 925 Euros per non-player/supporter. This can be a friend, partner, adult child, parent, other family member, coach, team manager or teammate who isn’t able to play. The rate includes the same accommodations, meals and facility access as players.
Q. Are vegetarian, pescatarian and vegan meals available?
– Yes, the resort is prepared to serve delicious meals to all guests with dietary guidelines.