July 29 to August 07, 2019 Join Soccer Women on our return trip to Oslo and the Lofoten Islands. Register today to join the age 30 to 70+ squad for a fantastic and breathtaking adventure with global impact through the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals!
Planned Itinerary July 29 to August 07, 2019:
- July 29 – Depart from your local airport
- July 30 – Arrive Oslo Airport. Check in to Oslo hotel to get settled. Tour Oslo.
- July 31- Norway Cup Women’s Soccer Friendly Tournament. Group dinner with local Soccer Women.
- August 01 – Flight from Oslo to Svolvaer, bus to Henningsvaer. Check in to Henningsvaer hotel/cabins. Activities in Henningsvaer. Warm-up practice at the famous Henningsvaer field.
- August 02 – Tour of Henningsvaer. Friendly match against local recreational women players.
- August 03 – Morning boat or kayak tour in Henningsvaer. Afternoon bus ride to Reine.
- August 04 – Tour and activities in Reine. Kick-around with local community members on the Reine soccer field.
- August 05 – Ferry from Moskenes to Bodo. Flight from Bodo to Bergen OR Bodo to Oslo.
- August 06 – Bergen Flam Railway tour and train to Oslo or day in Oslo. (Plan based on group preference.)
- August 07 – Depart Oslo to US home airports.
We will play friendly age 30+ games at Henningsvaer Stadium and Ramberg Stadium in the Lofoten Islands. The Norway Cup youth tournament is also inviting us to play in a women’s 7v7 tournament while we are there. The itinerary is flexible for the group that attends. We make the arrangements for the hotels/fisherman’s cabins, private bus transportation, flights to/from Lofoten, soccer games, and selected activities such as kayaking, boat tours, horseback riding and hiking. Drone, video and still photography will be provided by Lofoten Photographer Ole Johan Wiik of Lofokus.
Most communication takes place in a private Facebook group, via email and then text communication while abroad. We’ll have professional drone photography of our team at the various fields. Group size may be limited to between 10 and 16. Questions? Contact Brandi using the form or by email to “SanDiegoSoccerWomen@gmail.com.”
Expected Trip Cost: $1,850.00 plus airfare to/from Oslo
- Airfare to/from Oslo will depend on where you are located and when you purchase. We can help you figure out the best deal and times, and coordinate flights together, but you will pay the cost directly to the airline.
- The $1,850 group costs includes:
- Private bus transportation throughout the trip. (We will ALSO be within walking distance to additional transportation for independent touring, as desired. No car rental is needed. )
- Flight between Oslo and Lofoten Islands.
- Lofoten ferry and train travel, if on the itinerary.
- All accommodations. Last year we stayed in Nordic Choice Hotels in Oslo with 2 women per room. The famous fishermen’s cabins in Henningsvaer were full apartments with multiple beds, kitchens and outdoor areas.
- Drone/still photographer in Lofoten.
- Team jerseys.
- Group restaurant night out with the women players in Oslo and/or Lofoten.
- Team gift exchange with opponents.
- All soccer events.
- Daily food is up to you but last year we did get at least one meal included with hotel stays.
- We are super-flexible with what you need since we are a small group and want each person to get the most out of the experience!
- Our squad last year benefited from some easy fundraising and sponsorship. We will do that again this year to offset costs!
In July 2018, a squad of recreational women’s soccer players – ranging in age from 41 to 77 – traveled on a nine-day trip to Norway.
The San Diego Soccer Women team accepted an invitation to play friendly matches at the famous Henningsvaer Stadium in Lofoten Islands and at an exhibition event at Norway Cup in Oslo. The squad will meet with Norwegian government officials and United Nations representatives. As local ambassadors for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), #GlobalGoalsLocalLeaders, the nineteen athletes chose to highlight and raise awareness for three of the seventeen SDGs during their travel.
- GOAL 3 | Good Health and Well-Being The physical, emotional and mental benefits of exercise
- GOAL 5 | Gender Equality Equitable opportunities for women and girls worldwide
- GOAL 10 | Reduced Inequalities Discrimination based on age, abilities, gender, marital and parental status, or sexual orientation.
Locally-supported by the United Nations Association of San Diego (UNA USA San Diego) for this initiative, the San Diego Soccer Women organization promotes soccer for age 30+ women year-round. Future participation is planned in the Global Goals World Cup in September 2018 and at Global Goals advocacy events during the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France. Follow the journey on their social media channels. The UNA USA San Diego, as well as FIFA, Girls Soccer Network and Goal Five broadcasted updates on social media.
As local partners with the San Diego Chapter of the United Nations, the team played for worldwide gender equality, health and wellness and inclusion.