Travel and PLAY with Soccer Women in the Lofoten Islands and major cities in Norway. We organize a fantastic and breathtaking adventure with global impact guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
July 2018 – Trip for a group of nineteen, ages 40 to 77+, from Southern California
August 2023 – Trip for a West Coast United States squad of thirteen age 65+ women
August 2024 – Pending
- Individual costs include:
- Airfare to/from Oslo will depend on where you are located and when you purchase. We can help you figure out the best deal and times, and coordinate flights together, but you will pay the cost directly to the airline.
- Flight between Oslo and Lofoten Islands.
- Ferry and train travel between cities.
- Car rental in Lofoten, if desired.
- Hotel accommodations, when individual bookings make sense.
- Activities and excursions not booked through the group.
- Group costs includes:
- Private bus transportation throughout the trip. Hotel/Home Rental Accommodations, when group booking offers benefits for us. Activities and excursions booked as a group.Drone/still photography while in Lofoten.Team jerseys.Team gift exchange with opponents.
- All soccer events.
- Travel planning fees.
2023 Trip Pages
2018 Trip Pages
- 2018 Norway Trip Press and Media
- 2018 Norway Trip Global Goals Players
- 2018 Norway Trip Map and Itinerary
- Norway Gallery
In July 2018, a squad of recreational women’s soccer players – ranging in age from 41 to 77 – traveled on a nine-day trip to Norway.
The San Diego Soccer Women team accepted an invitation to play friendly matches at the famous Henningsvaer Stadium in Lofoten Islands and at an exhibition event at Norway Cup in Oslo. The squad will meet with Norwegian government officials and United Nations representatives. As local ambassadors for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), #GlobalGoalsLocalLeaders, the nineteen athletes chose to highlight and raise awareness for three of the seventeen SDGs during their travel.
- GOAL 3 | Good Health and Well-Being The physical, emotional and mental benefits of exercise
- GOAL 5 | Gender Equality Equitable opportunities for women and girls worldwide
- GOAL 10 | Reduced Inequalities Discrimination based on age, abilities, gender, marital and parental status, or sexual orientation.
Locally-supported by the United Nations Association of San Diego (UNA USA San Diego) for this initiative, the San Diego Soccer Women organization promotes soccer for age 30+ women year-round. Future participation is planned in the Global Goals World Cup in September 2018 and at Global Goals advocacy events during the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France. Follow the journey on their social media channels. The UNA USA San Diego, as well as FIFA, Girls Soccer Network and Goal Five broadcasted updates on social media.
As local partners with the San Diego Chapter of the United Nations, the team played for worldwide gender equality, health and wellness and inclusion.