Futbol Mas Mujer 2021 Women’s Recreational (Amateur) Soccer Tournament
- Cancellation Policy
- Age Divisions and Format
- Interested Team List
- Resort Location
- Cost for Players and Guests
- Forms and Links
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
PLAY in a NEW age 40+ and 50+ 11v11 women’s recreational soccer tournament in Southern Spain next summer — organized by women who play and coach! Age 60+, 65+ and beginner friendlies are included in 7v7 format. (Cancellation refund will be offered if the pandemic is still active)
This will be an an international tournament promoting gender equality, age empowerment and the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
Age Divisions and Format
Tournament Format: 11 v 11, FIFA regulations. professional referees, natural grass, 4 games guaranteed
Age Divisions: Age deadline is December 31st, 2021.
40+ with one “gift player” per team, age 39.
50 + with one “gift player” per team, age 49.
Age 60+, 65+ and beginner players (ages 30+). Friendly games will be scheduled for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Updated August 7, 2020
- 50+ Viva Las Women Ballers (California, USA) – CONFIRMED FULL TEAM
- 50+ B. Montero’s Team (Multi-state, USA) – CONFIRMED FULL TEAM
- 50+ Usual Suspects (California, USA)- ADDING PLAYERS
- 50+ Good Times (Virginia, USA) – ADDING PLAYERS
- 50+ L. Henderson’s Team (Multi-state, USA) – ADDING PLAYERS
- 50+ Ottawa Golden Cleats (Ottawa, Canada) – CONSIDERING
- 40+ San Diego Wave (California, USA) – ADDING PLAYERS
- 40+ Así Así (California, USA) – CONFIRMED FULL TEAM
- 40+ Amigas Unidas de San Francisco (California, USA) – CONSIDERING
- 60+ Friendlies, Footeuses de tout age (France)
- 60+ Friendlies, players from around the US
- 30 to 50+ Beginner Friendlies
Cost: 995 Euros per player and 925 Euros for non-players/supporters
(US and Canadian dollars, British pounds, and other currencies will be converted at the exchange rate in effect at time of payment)
Included in Cost:
Accommodations – Double room for every 2 to 3 players AND a 2-bedroom villa for each team manager (sleeps 3 to 4 players). Cost is the same per person regardless of number of guests per room.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in our own meeting space at the resort.
Facilities – Laundry, Saunas, Pool, Spa, Cold Thermal Bath, Tennis Courts, Soccer Fields
Activities – Opening and Closing Ceremonies with Appetizers and Drinks
Laundry – Twice daily per person
Wi-Fi throughout resort
Discounts at the Resort Spa (-10%) and Golf Course (Green Fee 40 euros/18 holes + 18 euros/golf cart)
Payment schedule (subject to change due to pandemic):
Updated August 9, 2020: Good news! We’ve met with the event management team at Resort Barcelo Montecastillo and have negotiated a new schedule of payments to give us more time to monitor the pandemic.
Age 40+ and 50+ players and non-players/guests
1st Payment – $58.81 (50 euros) by September 10, 2020
2nd Payment – $370.52 (315 euros) by December 10, 2020
3rd Payment – $370.52 (315 euros) by March 10, 2021
Final Payment for Players – $370.52 (315 euros) by April 10, 2021
Final Payment for Non-players/Guests – $288.18 (245 euros) by April 10, 2021
(Late registrations will pay for all deposits due through the signup date.)
Notes: Single room add-on price is 202 euros ($241.00)
Age 30+ to 50+ beginners and 60+/65+ players will have the option of a 3-day weekend or 4-day weekend resort stay at a lower cost. Pricing and deposit schedule are not yet determined. Please register on the interest list and we will contact you with those fees.
Monday, June 21 to Saturday, June 27, 2021 (6 nights)
Forms and Links
Social Media Links:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/futbolmasmujer (@Futbol Mas Mujer)
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/futbolmasmujer/ (@futbolmasmujer)
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/spainsoccer2021/
Facebook Event https://www.facebook.com/events/870315670142817/
Cancellation Policy (based on player fees of 995 euros and payment schedule as of August 9, 2020):
1. If the organizer –FÚTBOL+MUJER– cancels the event, the deposit will be refunded in full less 50 euros, which will be retained for incurred administrative expenses.
2. If the participant cancels his/her reservation more than 180 days before the start of the event (December 23, 2021), a penalty of 25% of the deposit made will be applied (~91.25 euros).
3. If the participant cancels his/her reservation between 179 days and 90 days before the start of the event (March 23, 2021), a penalty of 50% of the deposit made will be applied (~340 euros).
4. If the participant cancels his/her reservation between 89 and 30 days before the start of the event (May 22, 2021), a penalty of 75% of the deposit made will be applied (~746.25 euros).
5. If the participant cancels his/her reservation 29 days before the start of the event (May 23, 2021 to June 21, 2021), a penalty of 100% of the deposit made will be applied (~995 euros).
6. If the event is cancelled by force majeure, the organizer –FÚTBOL+MUJER– will refund the deposits of the participants in full except 50 euros which will be retained for incurred administrative expenses.
— Force majeure means any unforeseeable and exceptional event, and unavoidable, unrelated to the will of the participants and the organizer –FÚTBOL+MUJER– that prevented any of them from fulfilling the obligations arising from the conditions of participation and organization respectively. For clarification purposes, a case of force majeure shall include an outbreak of an infectious illness or pandemic, such as COVID-19, which would lead to the following circumstances:
– A competent municipal, regional or state public health or governing authority declares or confirms the existence of the outbreak in the municipality or locality where the hotel establishment is located and as a consequence cannot guarantee sufficient staff and other working personnel to be available because of contagion prevention.
– A competent municipal, regional or state public health or governing authority declares or confirms the existence of the outbreak in the municipality or locality where the event is to be held.
– A competent municipal, regional or state public health or governing authority declares or confirms that participants cannot travel out of their country of residence and/or to the municipality or locality where the event is to be held.
Co-Founders: Mary Hidalgo Aleu and Amalia Revuelta Candón are the organizers in Cadiz, Spain. Mary played age 40+ and 50+ recreational soccer in Orange County, California before moving back to Spain and has traveled to tournaments around the world, including the International Masters Games. She coaches a girls soccer team near her home.
Amalia is a sports psychologist, trainer, speaker and author of “El Cerebro Decide” (“The Brain Decides”) about training the mind as an athlete.
Goals: Create an annual event for women to play the sport they love in a region that values sport and healthy lifestyle. Connect an international community of amateur women’s soccer players. Increase the visibility of older female athletes from around the world.
Here are answers to the questions you’ve been emailing to us!
Q. Are any of the posted registration fees and payment dates flexible due to the current state of the global pandemic?
– We are working on extending the first payment originally due mid- August. Our main concern was to block the hotel (rooms and facilities), and we are addressing this extension with them.
Q. What would be the closest date to the tourney to cancel if conditions aren’t improved?
– It is difficult to give a date of cancellation if conditions do not improve.
Q. How will the 2-bedroom villas be filled, per team? Can significant others and/or kids stay in the villas?
– We would offer the 2 bedroom villas to the team manager, for them to work out the occupancy. Supporters, significant others and family members can stay there. We will offer additional villas on a first come first served basis.
Q. What will be the COVID-19 precautions taken for the tournament?
– The resort will continue taking extreme measures to sanitize all surfaces. We will follow the most strict government and health organization guidelines from the U.S., Canada, Spain and the WHO if the pandemic is still active in June 2021.
Q. Will COVID-19 vaccinations be required, if available by then?
– It is difficult to give an exact response to this very valid question. We will definitely follow all government recommendations at the time.
Q. Will there be any additional trips/tours offered?
– Yes! We will offer several tours/trips in the region. These will be optional and at an additional cost, paid directly to the venue. Examples: Wine tasting, nature walks and hikes, beaches, kayaking, horseback riding and horse stable visit, caves, historic towns, olive farm tour and olive oil tasting, flamenco dancing, castles, cathedrals and bird experiences.
Q. How many games will be played in a day?
– There will be one game a day (4 games minimum guaranteed).
Q. How long are the games?
– Games will consist of 2 halves of 30 minutes each.
Q. What is the age deadline?
– Players will need to meet the minimum age for their division by December 31, 2021.
Q. Are age “gifts” allowed?
– There will be one gift player allowed per team: For age 40+…she must be 39 by December 31st; Age 49 by December 31st for the age 50+ division.
Q. How can age 60+/65+ and beginner/less experienced players join the trip?
– Based on total participation in this category, we will schedule to use the 7v7 field for friendly games and scrimmages for women in these age and level categories.
Q. Will there be a cut-off date for players to sign up? If they sign up later, after initial deposit time, do they just pay when they sign up ?
– Registration will be open until all space is filled.
Q. Do teams register or individual players?
– Individual players should register and indicate their team name and/or team manager. Players without teams should select the option that they are “looking for a team.”
Q. How and when will players be matched with teams?
– We will use a combination of direct email, our Facebook Group and our websites to connect teams and players. This will start after we determine the first deposit schedule.
Q. Has the deposit schedule been adjusted for the pandemic?
– The organizers are updated the deposit schedule in mid-August.
Q. Is there a rate for families and friends?
– Pricing is 925 Euros per non-player/supporter. This can be a friend, partner, adult child, parent, other family member, coach, team manager or teammate who isn’t able to play. The rate includes the same accommodations, meals and facility access as players.
Q. What is the pricing for a single person in a room?
– We are working on that!
Q. How much should we budget for activities?
– We’ll get those number together.
Q. Can games be 45-minute halves with 1 game per day or 25/30-minute halves with 2 games per day?
– We are reveiwing the field schedule for these options.